Talent Management – Benchmarks, trends, and best practices
O’Leonard, Karen (2010). Talent Management – Benchmarks, trends, and best practices, Bersin & Associates, 32p.
HR acts as the steward or facilitator of the talent strategy
- Ensures structures and resources are in place
- Implements tools, processes & systems
Business leaders and managers must own talent management
- Adopt talent management processes
- Accept responsibility for results
Most companies have multiple, disconnected talent systems.
Companies with automated talent systems are better at:
- Developing leaders
- Developing employees
- Planning future talent needs
- Building a pipeline of ready successors
- Companies with well-integrated systems are more effective in nearly every talent area.
- Companies using poorly integrated or disconnected systems are no more effective (and, in some areas, less effective) than companies using manual processes.
- An integrated system architecture is an enabler of effective talent management